‘Being, Becoming, Subsumption:
The Kantian Roots of a Marxist problematic’, Radical Philosophy 2.12, Spring 2022.
‘Marx e la Transnaturalizzazione della Materia’,
in Sulla Soglia delle Forme: Genealogia, estetica, politica della materia,
Anna montebugnoli (ed. and trans.), Milan: Meltemi, 2022
- Review of ‘Lewis R. Gordon - Freedom, Justice and Decolonization’, European Journal of Social Theory, Jan 2022
- ‘Ser, Devenir, Subsunción - las raíces Kantianas de una problemática Marxista’, Valenciana Núm. 29 Jan-June 2022
- ‘Subsumption’, in Handbook of Marxism, S. R. Farris, B. Skeggs & A. Toscano (eds), London: Sage, 2021
- ‘Rethinking Violence - Brad Evans with Andrés Saenz de Sicilia’, online talk hosted by The Philosopher, May 24 2021
- ‘Logics of Composition’, online talk hosted by the New York German Idealism Workshop, April 30 2021
- Global Distribution of the Ethical (with Maria Chehondaskih), commissioned by the House of World Cultures Berlin (HKW) for the series CC:World
- ‘Ethical Distribution’, conference paper (with Maria Chehondaskih) given at Entanglements and Detachments in Global Politics, annual conference of Millennium: Journal of International Studies, LSE (UK, online), October 2020
of Capital and Violence: the case of narco-accumulation’, conference paper given at Entanglements and Detachments in Global Politics,
annual conference of Millennium: Journal of International Studies, London School of Economics and Social Sciences (LSE) (UK, online), October 2020
colloquium ‘Discurso Critico y Blanquitud: Bolívar Echeverría
(1941-2010) in memoriam’ (invited panelist) UNAM, (Mexico, online),
'Urban Violence', British
Academy & Brazilian Academy of Sciences Knowledge Frontiers Symposium, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, March 2020
- Translation of Bolívar Echeverría, ‘Historical Materialism and the Angel of History’, in RED: History and Temporality, S. Dolbear & H. Proctor (eds), London: Arcades Materials
- ‘Violence, Accumulation, Aesthetics’ (public lecture), Institute of Advanced Studies, University College London (UK), Oct 2019.
- ‘Marx and the Transnaturalisation of Matter’ (invited public seminar), Museo d'Arte Contemporanea, Rome (Italy), June 2019.
- ‘Marx and the Concept of Social Objectivity’ (conference paper) at The Future with Marx conference, Moscow School of Social and Economic Sciences (Russia), May 2019.
- ‘The Political-Aesthetic Economy of Narco-Capitalism’ (invited talk), University of Amsterdam (Netherlands), April 2019.
‘Violence and the Social Logic of Narco-Capital’ (invited presentation) at The Narco-Culture of Narco-Accumulation
workshop, Birkbeck College (UK), March 2019.
Echeverría’, in Handbook of Frankfurt School
Critical Theory, Vol. 1: Key Texts and Contributions to a Critical Theory of
Society, B. Best, W. Bonefeld, C. O’Kane & N. Larsen (eds), London:
- ‘Production=Signification: Towards a Semiotic Materialism’ (with Sandro Brito Rojas), Language Sciences 70, Nov 2018 (special issue on ‘Marx and the Language Sciences: Critical Encounters’), pp. 131-142.
- ‘The Art of Reason’, panel discussion with Raymond Tallis and Timothy Williamson, at the Newcastle Philosophical Society (UK), Sept 2018.
- ‘Violence and Commodification’, workshop presentation at The limits of the market: commodification of nature and body Interdisciplinary workshop, University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (France), September 2018.
- ‘A Situation on the Edge: Political Knowledge and Subjectivation at “the Periphery”’ (conference paper) at the Caribbean Philosophical Association annual conference 2018: Shifting the Geography of Reason XV, Université Cheikh Anta Diop de Dakar (UCAD, Senegal), June 2018.
- ‘Capital and Capitalism: Production, Reproduction and Subsumption’ (conference paper) at the 15th annual conference of the Marx and Philosophy Society, Institute of Education, University of London (UK), June 2018.
- ‘Subsumption, Time and Subjectivity’, (invited symposium presentation) at ‘In Your Own Time: Production of Body and Time Under Capitalism’, Central Saint Martins, University of the Arts London (UK), May 2018.
- ‘Philosophical Materialism Today’ (workshop) and ‘What is Materialism?’ (public lecture) at the Newcastle Philosophical Society (UK), May 2018.
- ‘Violence and Abstraction’ (conference paper) at the Dissecting Violence: Structures, Imaginaries, Resistance International Workshop and Conference, Amsterdam School for Cultural Analysis (ASCA), University of Amsterdam (Netherlands), April 2018.
Materialism of Transformations: Practice and Social Change in Marx’s Thought’
(Conference paper) at the Rethinking Transformation conference, Universidad
Carlos III de Madrid (Spain), March 2018.
- ‘Violence and Subsumption’, conference paper given at the Society for European Philosophy / Forum for European Philosophy joint annual conference, University of Winchester (UK), Sept 2017.
The Problem of Subsumption in Kant, Hegel and
PhD Thesis submitted at Kingston University.
and Critique: On Marx and Brassier’, conference paper given at the Society for
European Philosophy / Forum for European Philosophy joint annual conference,
Regent’s University (UK), Aug 2016.
‘Cultura y Forma’ [‘Culture and
Form’] conference paper given at the Coloquio en Homenaje a Bolívar Echeverría,
Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla (Mexico), June 2015.
to Bolívar Echeverría’ (with Sandro Brito Rojas), Radical Philosophy 188, Nov/Dec 2014, pp. 20-23.
- Translation of Bolívar Echeverría, ‘“Use Value”: Ontology and Semiotics’ (with Sandro Brito Rojas), Radical Philosophy 188, Nov/Dec 2014.
- ‘The Concept of Subsumption in Latin American Marxism’ (Conference paper) at the Historical Materialism Conference, SOAS (UK), Nov 2014.
Formas y Lógicas de Dominación’, talk at the Faculty of Philosophy and
Letters, National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), (Mexico), March 2014.
and Subsumption’, conference paper given at the Society for European Philosophy /
Forum for European Philosophy joint annual conference, Kingston University
(UK), Sept 2013.
- The Theory and Politics of Subsumption, workshop convened at Birkbeck University (UK), May 2013.
and Subsumption’ (Conference paper) at the 6th International Critical Theory Conference of Rome, John Felice Rome Center, Loyola University Chicago (Italy), May
and the Outside (Conference co-organiser) Centre for Research in Modern
European Philosophy (CRMEP) graduate conference, Kingston University (UK), June